Mundwiller Electric is looking for individuals who are highly motivated, love to be part of a team, work well individually, welcome learning new things, enjoy interacting with people, and are ready for a new challenge every single day. If you meet these requirements, we want to talk to YOU!
Mundwiller Electric, LLC - Washington, MO
Under general supervision, maintain, repair, and install electrical systems, services, and equipment. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems for our customers. Applies electrical theory, code and related knowledge to layout and installation of electrical systems. Understands control operation, including sequence of operation, troubleshooting, and reading electrical schematics and ladder diagrams. Must be well organized to keep accurate service and maintenance records and communicate effectively to determine needs. Has strong customer relationships and team building qualities. Follows all electrical safety standards and procedures, including training and coaching co-workers.
• Journeyman Certificate (preferred)
• OSHA 10 (preferred)
• Valid Missouri driver’s license
• High School Diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
• Trade school (preferred)
• Completion from an approved State Apprenticeship Program. (preferred)
• 5+ years of experience in residential or commercial/industrial application and general
knowledge on repairs and installation
• Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
• Knowledge of local electrical codes
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations
• Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
• Ability to use hand and power tools
• Ability to use computer and phone apps
• Minimum five years of experience in electrical field
• Troubleshooting residential/commercial systems
• Knowledge of industrial controls helpful
• Video surveillance, fire alarm, and commercial intercom experience helpful
• Positive customer handling: Most of our clients are repeat or referrals
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repair
• Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of
machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications,
schematics, and blueprints.
• Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays,
switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, etc.
• Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for machines and equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams,
schematics, or blueprints.
• Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment.
• Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using
• Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers,
measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
• Repair or recommend replacement of electrical appliances, including commercial
ovens, ranges, steam tables, washers, dryers, etc.
• Receive and complete work orders.
• Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
• Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
• Maintain inventory of district-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
• Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
• Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects.
• Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures.
• Respond to emergency calls as needed.
• Rough-in installation of electrical materials, including conduit, boxes, fittings,
supports, MC and wiring
• Installation of service equipment and motor control systems
• Finish installation of devices, fixtures and cover plates
• Read blue prints and specifications to manage material purchases, equipment and manpower needs
• Install of voice, data and control wiring and devices
• Complete documentation, including but not limited to, timesheets, expense reports, service reports and purchase card logs
• Conduct general tasks including, but not limited to, safety training, group meetings and maintaining tools and vehicle
• Ability to read blueprints, run conduit, wire and terminate devices, perform quality control testing and troubleshooting
• Perform service upgrades for residential and commercial customers
• Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
• Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
• Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
• Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
• Work Location 50 Mile Radius
• Some nights, weekends, travel when needed
Multimeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, and testing equipment; soldering iron; wire puller; pipe bender and threader; hand and power tools (saw, drill, etc.); trencher; jackhammer; concrete saw; ladder. Light truck or van, bucket truck and other aerial equipment when needed.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Continual walking,
standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions, around electrical power lines, outside and inside. Exposure to extreme temperatures. Frequent district wide travel.
• Good work culture
• Medical Insurance offered
• Paid Time Off
• Weekly Pay
Mundwiller Electric, LLC - Washington, MO
Primarily New Construction
- Reading work orders to learn the nature of the task, assessing and diagnosing the scope of the work, and completing the necessary work.
- Maintaining, repairing, and installing lighting and related equipment.
- Using hand and power tools and electrical troubleshooting equipment to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical wiring, lighting signs, and fixtures.
- Using appropriate testing devices to troubleshoot and test electrical systems, continuity of circuits, electrical wiring, lighting and sign equipment and fixtures, to ensure compatibility and safety of all components.
- Plans layout and installation of wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and code requirements.
- Inspects electrical systems and their components, identifies hazards and defects, and repairs and maintains systems in compliance with code requirements.
- Maintain company vehicles in good working order and operate the same in safe and legal manner.
- Follows all safety protocols required by company.
- Accurately, thoroughly completes all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Cleans job site and leaves it in orderly and safe condition.
- Meets with, and follows direction of, supervisors and master electrician.
- Work may be indoor or outdoor, and may involve working individually or as part of a team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong work ethic.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Willing to work extended hours on reasonable notice.
- Works well under deadlines.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Conscientious about completing paperwork.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to frequently lift/move up to 75 pounds. Must be able to satisfy all applicable requirements of the Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) - Including appropriate driver's license and qualifications, background and drug screening, physical exam, etc.